This report on Evaluation Results gives evidence on the MINIMA objectives with respect to the validation trials conducted from 06 – 17 November 2017 at the Virtual Reality Lab of the University of Bologna’s premises in Forlì, Italy.
The core results presented in the document can be summarised as follows:
- Controller vigilance decreased when they were not actively involved with the task but only acted as a mere Monitor.
- Without any changes to the automation system, vigilance would continue to decrease over time.
- The decrease in vigilance was reversed through the Vigilance & Attention Controller.
- Usage of the Vigilance and Attention Controller in the SOLUTION scenario caused
- Controllers to recognise incoming aircraft earlier
- Controllers to more carefully process Information
- Controllers to perceive their task to be:
- More demanding and effortful
- Less frustrating and easier to perform good in
- Controllers to be less likely to get distracted by task related interference or task unrelated thought